receive the house but need to transfer the title in my name. what do i need to do?


Transfer title out of my parents name into my name


Your parents need to deed the home over to you. They could either do a quit claim deed (which only conveys whatever their interest in the property is to you) or a title company could prepare a general warranty deed, which would ensure the title was clear of any liens, judgments, or encumberances. Warranty deed would cost more, but would probably be worth the cost, especially when combined with owner’s title insurance. You don’t mention if the home is free and clear, but I am assuming there are no mortgages against it.

Answered over 4 years ago
Ted Rood
1482 1 8
You Must Be Logged In To Answer